Significant change of any kind can be challenging and stressful, and many of us resist seeking help. But this need not be the case. You can take the first step towards a brighter, happier future today in partnership with our highly skilled OPTIMIND Psychologists. At our Mornington psychology clinic, we are committed to providing you with the highest quality of guidance and support to assist in your personal situation.
For example, you may have:
- Lost a person who was very close to you
- Experienced a breakdown in a close relationship
- Lost your job
- Had an accident or injury
- Been traumatised by past events
- Had a child
- Relocated to a new area, city or region
- Decided it’s time to retire
Based in Mornington, Somerville and Moorabbin OPTIMIND provides psychological counselling to help you work through this. OPTIMIND has a uniquely collaborative approach to mental health. If we believe one of our colleagues in Psychiatry, Mental Health Social Work, Dietetics or Mental Health nursing can provide you with the best form of treatment; we can provide referrals to them. It’s all about making sure you get the highest quality care.
Neuropsychological services can be useful in the diagnosis (including determining the current impact of brain change) and management of:
- Behavioural and psychological problems stemming from altered brain function
- Neurodegenerative disorders (eg. Alzheimer’s disease, young-onset dementias, Multiple Sclerosis, Parksinon’s disease).
- Traumatic or acquired brain injury
- Cerebrovascular accident (stroke)
- Neurological disorders (eg. epilepsy, brain tumour)
- Neuropsychiatric disorders, other mental health conditions and substance abuse (e.g., alcohol or drug use)
- Previously unidentified developmental and learning disorders in adults (eg. Intellectual disability, dyslexia)
- Other medical illnesses that can affect cognitive function (eg. autoimmune disorders or endocrine dysfunction)
While most referrals to OPTIMIND Psychologists come via your doctor (GP) or a Psychiatrist, you can always refer yourself. If your doctor refers you onto a mental health care plan, you are eligible for Medicare rebates. Alternatively, check with your health care fund to see if private health rebates apply.
For an appointment with one of OPTIMIND’s Psychologists, simply click on the button below.